Protecting your data is very important to MONI. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the MONI App or website. This includes information you provide at the time of registering (such as copies of identification documents or documents verifying identification from publically accessible databases) or carrying out a transaction on the MONI App or website;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our site.
- We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with the MONI service, deal with any specific issues that you may raise or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal information
The data we collect from you is stored in the UK but may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored on MONI servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so. We do disclose your first name and the first letter of your last name to other members, who are transacting with you.
Sensitive information between your browser and the MONI website is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser can validate the MONI certificate.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although MONI will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with our services and to carry out any transactions that you request;
- to ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and you computer or mobile device; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, as may be reasonably required to perform the services hereunder.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that MONI or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, or any other illegal activity.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by submitting a request in accordance with the act and is subject to a £10 administrative fee. All such requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
Dated August 2013